Thursday, October 20, 2005

October 15th Baby shower!

Conducted babyshower today.
For the decoration, I had the following in mind: A banner that says babyshower. A keepsake sign-in sheet. And ribbons and ballooons.
Not sure if I can find out everything.
I set out to search the shops that has these on Friday evening around 5pm. First went to DestinationDollar on Queen Mary st.
But all they have was stuff related to Birthday.. Almost thought of buying the neutral stuff that just says 'congratulations' but in the last minute, decided to try at DollarShop on Plamondon.. My luck smiled on me. I found whatever I hoped. A beautiful banner. More cuter sign-in sheet. Great ribbons and balloons.
I saw a door-sheet that can be put on the door that says "happy birthday".. thought it would be great if I could find something similar that says 'Babyshower'.. But I could not find it. Then decided to buy the gift-wrap sheet and affix to the door. But not sure if I can find one that says babyshower. I just put my hand arbitararily on the rack that has gift-wrappers and one fell onto the group. It has a cute tweety bird and a cuter stroller and has words 'Baby shower'... without blinking, I bought two of them.
Started decorating. Everything turned out great.
The function started around 8pm.
The usually late Shyam and Renuka arrived first!
Then came Padma and Madhu.
Then Swetha
Then Sri Latha
Then Hema and Neha
Then Ramko
Then Satya and Amar.
Everything went perfect!
Ordered 6 medium Dominos pan crust pizzas with black olives, green pepper and mushrooms (78$).
Everyone stayed until 11.
Amazing night! So happy that I could beat the expectations of Vasavi.
Hope everything works out this great in the future too.

No comments: