Sunday, August 21, 2005

August 15th - argument

Big argument with vasavi about food - leaving completely upto her from today onwards.
I would not make her eat anything.
My policy is one has to eat whatever is the capacity. There are some unfortunate souls who can not afford to buy and eat. But we are fortunate and this is the right time the baby needs more nutrients.
Two eggs per day, carrots and almods everyday; one soy juice, orange juice, one V8, milk twice per day and fruits upto the liking. And to the time.
Vasavi is feeling I am un-necessarily forcing her eat much and I am over-acting.
She says if the mom gains weight it is tough to shed it later.. But come on! we have gym in the lobby and she does not care to go to school, she can easily work out in the gym and reduce the weight.. in the worst case, who cares if she is heavy? Baby has to be with good health.. She also says an over-weight baby makes delivery tough.
She feels I am over the board by asking her to check the weight everyday and record it.
So, I am stopping for today onwards asking her to record the weight.
Also she makes faces whenever I remind her its time to eat (lunch or dinner) - So, decided to leave it completely to her.
I had lot of dreams on what/how to eat and I feel sorry that I am not able to make her to follow.
My apologies to the baby!

No comments: